How to plan and create a website
Anyone can get a website, but no matter how pretty it is, the site will still be ineffective if it’s not providing what customers want and need and more importantly is not driving results. Having an effective website takes effective planning, a great web design, web development, and strategic optimization. Without these tools, time and energy are just wasted in building a website.
When creating a website, effective planning is required and without it, it would take more time in building a website. Effective planning consists of various steps which include the following:
- Defining the purpose of the site:Defining the purpose is important in determining the course of action needed for the whole layout of the website design, the web programming, the objectives, and its goals. Key questions to answer are: What is the website about? What does it do? Who is it for?
- Determining the wants and needs of the customers:It’s important to know the wants and needs of the customers are in order to reach them. If we don’t address those wants and needs, they will not visit the site. Key questions to answer are: Why should they care for this website? How are you helping them?
- Planning the Content:It is vital to understand who is your ideal customer and how content should be laid out, communicated, and presented to them.
- Planning the Navigation:Knowing how your customers will interact and move throughout your website is important to understand. Customers are impatient and if they cannot find what they are looking for they will leave. Your customers should be able to navigate the site very quickly and get to the desired pages.
Layout & Design
After the planning stage, the implementation process is in order. Keeping in mind, all of the important steps mentioned above, the web designer, and web developers can start working on the building process.
In this stage of web development, key considerations are vital, which consist of consistency, coherence, information placement, text clarity, color, and information coding. Being consistent is vital for consumers to easily go through the website easily and quickly. They will learn and know the site like the back of their hand, so they can easily go through it whenever they desire. From the position of the buttons to the layout, customers will be well pleased, and more willing to return to the site on a frequent basis.
Coherence determines the easy access that customers will have to manage information, and perform tasks that are relevant to them. The information placement is important in determining what customers expect to see easily when they view a page. Also, the text should be easy to see, read, and to be browser friendly; and the color pallet should be appealing to your customers. Lastly, the information coding includes the designated appropriation of numbers, shapes, object size, and other tools, in which a web designer can assist for accuracy, attractive, and a professional appeal.
When implementing all of the steps and tools, the site should be tested to make sure everything is in order with great appeal. When the site is tested, it should be determined how satisfied customers will be in using the site; if there may be any errors to work on; and how learnable, how efficient, and how memorable the site would be to customers.
Once the website design and website development have passed the testing to ensure the site is functioning properly with everything in tact as it should be, the site can be launched. The big hurdle of web development is achieved, but it takes more than great website development to ensure the ultimate goal and success of your website.
In order to achieve the ultimate success of your website, we must utilize great search engine optimization methods by optimizing the website, and implementing social media to drive traffic to sites.
In order to drive more traffic to your site you need to get a higher ranking on search engines. To move up in search engine results you must apply the following:
- Use a keyword strategy
- Structure the site correctly
- Track and measure results
- Test and adjust your strategy
- Rinse and repeat
By utilizing all of our recommendations and tips you will create a website that will drive customers, you will create a website that your customers will value, and you will create a website that will drive results.